Thursday, December 10, 2009

Have recently read the book Lord of The Flies, I find that it symbolizes many events of WW2, please

I have recently read this book in class. Throughout this book, I have noticed that many of the ideas presented symbolize key events in WW2. I also know that William Golding was a slightly pesimistic person, and he lived during WW2. Some of the events that I have found to be representfull are:



-Jack`s rise to power. Which is very similar to Hitlers.



-Ralph`s orriginal appeasment and freindliness towards Jack. Most countries tried to appease Hitler...



-Ralph`s neglect of Piggy, eventually leading to his death. Only when Hitler invaded Poland did the war begin.



-When Jack and his tribe raided what was reamaining of RAlph`s tribe, to steal Piggy`s glasses. This symbolizes the Holoucost / The Shoah.



-And many more...



1 second ago - 3 days left to answer.



Report



Have recently read the book Lord of The Flies, I find that it symbolizes many events of WW2, please comment?symphony



That's quite interesting.



I knew Golding wrote about it based on WW2, but I had never thought about it that deeply.



Do you think the negative, disabled depiction of Piggy could have something to do with the Hilter's presentation of the Jews?



Have recently read the book Lord of The Flies, I find that it symbolizes many events of WW2, please comment?performing arts center opera theater



Very good connections. :]



This book is actually based on if there was a WW3, which would be a nuclear war.



As I recall, the plane the children were on was shot down and they were rescued by people in uniform, coming from a ship.
its true that there are no wrong interpretations



but whether the author's intention was that...



u can only know through extensive research



about both the author's life and the ww2.



ur interpretation sounds fine but it doesnt convince me that the author wanted to give that idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd