Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can we relate "LEVIATHAN by Thomas Hobbes" to any of the current events?

hi all



I am asked to prepare a report on the book "Leviathan by thomas Hobbes"



I read the summary of the book and i found that the main idea of the book is : The man is to abandon part of his freedom to his sovereign__democracy, aristocracy or Monarchy which is prefered by Hobbes__so that the society can function well..



Can we relate his ideas to any of events that happens now or can we apply them on any recent case study??



this is my main question



I also need some suggestions on how to read the book which is(550+ pages) in about a month.. should i buy a translated version , or there are trusted sites from which i can read the book in a simplified way?



Thanks alot ...



Can we relate "LEVIATHAN by Thomas Hobbes" to any of the current events?home theatre



I'm sure we could if I could remember the Leviathan. It's been too many years since I read it. Sorry :(



There are some sites that give summaries of the major points in the text. As I say it's been a while since I worked on this. You'll have to do your own searching online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd